Westat
www.westat.com Rockville, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Disappointing

I have been working at Westat

ProsIf you are a Field Interviewer you only have to be marginally intelligent. In fact, most of the so-called Managers at Westat have little if any field experience to be of any assistance to those in the field.If you can ignore the stupidity at the home office you can have a somewhat pleasant experience.

ConsFor an organization that has grown to their size they seem incredibly disorganized - I wonder how they even "win" some of the contracts given their inability to carry out basic research methodology and protocol. They waste an awful lot of money - nobody there seems to have an inkling on how to efficiently run field operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know how profitable the company is, but I assure you it could be much more so if you trained staff in not duplicating tasks. I would also remove some of the "old-timers" who are not competent and recruit individuals who are much more interested in performing good research and plotting out a career as opposed to just hanging onto their jobs.

Bad Experience at this Firm

I have been working at Westat

Pros: flexible work hours; nice gym; cafeteria is very good and… Cons: I was hired in a senior position and was then put in an office and not given any work… Advice to Senior Management: make sure you keep to your commitments and follow-thru after you hire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ok

I have been working at Westat

Pros: -There is great schedule flexibility -Good benefits -Friendly colleagues -Collaboration -Stability Cons: -Archaic methods -Lack of rigorous research methodology across groups -For profit mentality… Advice to Senior Management: Establish a better compensation structure that rewards employees mid year and… More

There are newer reviews on Westat.

Worked for Westat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Westat CEO James E. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Westat employees.