There are newer employer reviews for Western Asset Management

A good place to start a career in the industry

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Western Asset Management full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits and competitive pay. Overall, a wonderful business culture to work in, especially for a company in the wealth management industry. I was fortunate to be able to work with some very talented people in my department where it was extremely team-focused and I never witnessed any backstabbing or individual competition within my particular group. Great place to network, and very open to promoting from within.

Cons

Executive managers did not come across as very approachable. Many people I knew who worked in certain departments had never met or seen the CEO, even though we all worked in the same office building.

Advice to Management

Executive level management should be more visible to the employees -- not just with your senior managers, but everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Western Asset Management

Good place to start.....as long as you get out after 2/3 years

Former Employee - Investment Support in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Investment Support in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Western Asset Management full-time

Pros

As title says, good place to start if your a recent college grad. You will learn a lot your first 6 months to a year. Laid back company culture. "Bank Hours"....you will not be spending your nights or weekends at the office. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Terrible pay but worse no career path. IS department was a revolving door of people w/ 2-3 yrs experience (b/f fin crisis at least) and management wants it that way. My Advice - company will pay for exams like CFA or graduate school. Take advantage of that and look for a new job once complete.

Advice to Management

Develop a real career path program to provide guidance to jr employees which allows them to transcend departments. Trash superficial mentorship program if still in existence. Much more employees including myself would have stayed if they thought they had an actual career path.

2. Great place to start out

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Western Asset Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well-trained supervisors, comfortable working environment, good benefits

Cons

Low salary, no defined career path, no transparency about what it takes to get promoted

Advice to Management

Communicate more with people 1-2 year exp. so you don't lose your best employees in years 2-3.