Western Carolina University

www.wcu.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Western Carolina University

Working here was not what I thought it would be!!!

Former Employee - Director of IT in Cullowhee, NC
Former Employee - Director of IT in Cullowhee, NC

I worked at Western Carolina University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you like to work out in the country, than this is a good place too do that. You can experience all 4 of the seasons and beautiful mountain views.

Cons

Working at a University I would have thought that the focus would have been towards he student and do what you could to aid them with gaining the best education they could. Shockingly I was wrong in what I had learned while working here. Most of the money is spent to better department heads, to better them self and not the students. I had student computer labs with computers that better then 8 years old. When asked for money to take care of this and to better the education of the students, I was told that there weren't any funds to take care of this.

Take a better look at how you can take care of the education needs of the students, rather then the needs of the professors and the staff.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Western Carolina University (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work

Former Contractor - Office Assistant in Cullowhee, NC
    Former Contractor - Office Assistant in Cullowhee, NC

I worked at Western Carolina University as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

This place is a wonderful place to work. The people you work with are nice, and it has a great community atmosphere.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere.

Keep up the good work people!!

It looks good but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

I worked at Western Carolina University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tucked away in the mountains of North Carolina, this campus is set into a beautiful lanscape of relatively unspoiled nature. There are some genuinely warm and friendly people there.

Cons

The campus is isolated from larger talent pools for positions and other similar bodies for peer interaction in the workplace. There is a marked lack of diversity in the employees and student body.

Politics and cronyism are not sound methods for advancing the university mission where students are the focus.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Carolina University