Western Carolina University
www.wcu.edu Cullowhee, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Working here was not what I thought it would be!!!

Director of IT (Former Employee)

I worked at Western Carolina University full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you like to work out in the country, than this is a good place too do that. You can experience all 4 of the seasons and beautiful mountain views.

ConsWorking at a University I would have thought that the focus would have been towards he student and do what you could to aid them with gaining the best education they could. Shockingly I was wrong in what I had learned while working here. Most of the money is spent to better department heads, to better them self and not the students. I had student computer labs with computers that better then 8 years old. When asked for money to take care of this and to better the education of the students, I was told that there weren't any funds to take care of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a better look at how you can take care of the education needs of the students, rather then the needs of the professors and the staff.

It looks good but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Western Carolina University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Tucked away in the mountains of North Carolina, this campus is set into a… Cons: The campus is isolated from larger talent pools for positions and other similar bodies for peer… Advice to Senior Management: Politics and cronyism are not sound methods for advancing the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome place to work

Office Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Western Carolina University as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: This place is a wonderful place to work. The people you… Cons: The only downside I can think of is the fact… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work people!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Western Carolina University.

Worked for Western Carolina University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Carolina University reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Western Carolina University employees.