Western Carolina University

There are newer employer reviews for Western Carolina University

Print Shop

Former Employee - Work-Study Student in Cullowhee, NC
Former Employee - Work-Study Student in Cullowhee, NC

I worked at Western Carolina University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great staff. Very flexible. Enjoyable place to work

Cons

Some tedious work, but that's to be expected when making large amounts of documents

Keep it up.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Western Carolina University (View Most Recent)

It was like Junior High, only worse...

I worked at Western Carolina University

Pros

Western Carolina is a beautiful place. Perfect for outdoor activities (hiking, fishing, biking, hunting). Very rural living, perfect for getting away from city life.

Cons

It is all about friends there. Either you are among the chosen few or not. The chosen have the good life - easier workloads, more resources, etc. Those not chosen are burdened excessively and treated poorly until they leave, voluntarily or not. Please note the high turnover of employees. This occurs even though WCU is the only local employer of note. If it does not work out, you will have to move.

I would encourage them to listed to all employees, not just the happy long-timers.

Working here was not what I thought it would be!!!

Former Employee - Director of IT in Cullowhee, NC
    Former Employee - Director of IT in Cullowhee, NC

I worked at Western Carolina University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like to work out in the country, than this is a good place too do that. You can experience all 4 of the seasons and beautiful mountain views.

Cons

Working at a University I would have thought that the focus would have been towards he student and do what you could to aid them with gaining the best education they could. Shockingly I was wrong in what I had learned while working here. Most of the money is spent to better department heads, to better them self and not the students. I had student computer labs with computers that better then 8 years old. When asked for money to take care of this and to better the education of the students, I was told that there weren't any funds to take care of this.

Take a better look at how you can take care of the education needs of the students, rather then the needs of the professors and the staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Carolina University