It is okay if you are just looking for a job. If you want a progressive career, you may wish to look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Administrative Faculty Rank V  in  Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Administrative Faculty Rank V in Danbury, CT

I worked at Western Connecticut State University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Higher ed is a great industry. A campus setting teeming with faculty and students is a rewarding place to work. State benefits (health, etc.) are really good.

Cons

WCSU underpays its staff as compared to other Connecticut public higher colleges and universities. Administrative faculty are in a union which flattens pay increases despite performance.

Leadership tends to be weak.

The emphasis on hiring and strengthening teaching faculty is warranted, but the administrative faculty needs some help, too.

Other Reviews for Western Connecticut State University

Friendly and Knowledgeable IT department.

Former Employee - Network Security Specialist  in  Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Network Security Specialist in Danbury, CT

I worked at Western Connecticut State University part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The flexibility provided and high level of standard, made this a great place to work. Professional staff made this a job I enjoyed coming to each day.

Cons

More staff would have proven beneficial to the company's clientele. I would have liked to have seen a more positive influence from those who held positions at the head of school.

Office staff was polite, professional and easy to work with. I really enjoyed the flexibility to move within the company. Also, the location was good. Being close to New York City was an added benefit.

Adjunct Professor

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor

I have been working at Western Connecticut State University as a contractor

Pros

Flexibility, great people, great facilities.

Cons

Adjunct Position = no security or benefits,

There are newer employer reviews for Western Connecticut State University.

Worked for Western Connecticut State University? Contribute to the Community!