There are newer employer reviews for Western Dental Services

Managing Dentist is the key for establishing a good working environment for new Associate Dentists

Current Employee - Associate Dentist
Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Reasonable compensation. Good office people. Fast paced. Exposed to and learn new things every day.

Cons

Emphasis on production. Expectations seem a bit high initially. Lots of chatter about bonuses, but it's still just chatter. We shall see.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to gain experience and decent salary

Current Employee - Dentist
    Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent compensation, base pay, willing to take new graduates, free CE courses, patients less picky and used to new dentists

Cons

high production requirements, dentists are frequently relocated with very short notice, dentists expected to work in low-income areas or areas far from where they live, schedule changes with very short notice

Advice to Management

appreciate your good employees

2. Not interested in employee happiness

Current Employee - Business Manager
    Current Employee - Business Manager

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of employees which have been with the company for years. Many of the staff and doctors in the office locations are great and hardworking.

Cons

The corporate office is not interested in having happy employees. In the three years I worked there in two different offices, as I was promoted, I had 8 different bosses because they all kept quitting due to being unhappy with how they were treated. Money and numbers matter more than patients. Its unfortunate that the minimum wage staff in the offices work very hard and are not ever rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

Take notice of the extremely high turn over and stop blaming it on hiring the wrong people.