There are newer employer reviews for Western Dental Services

Good place to get experience and mostly fun work environment

I have been working at Western Dental Services

Pros

Pretty flexible scheduling, low-pressure if you have the right staff. All about appointment book management and production

Cons

Regional managers (practice development managers) get to do the real managing. BMs mostly ensure high sales....and that's about it. Not a lot of analyzing reports or budgeting or any other useful skills to add on your résumé. Lots of HR violations.

Advice to Management

Give BMs more responsibility so they feel less like sales managers. Get a stronger HR department.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Disappointing first job.

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes fun environment, sometimes nice people to work with.

Cons

Floor supervisor never had items in stock, assistants often fought over materials for their doctors, management knew of sterilization protocol not being followed and did nothing, my floor supervisor directly told me to switch how I did everything when the osha person came, got written up over x-rays because the managing dentist was a utter perfectionist, I saw treatment that patients didn't need completed nearly every single day. My first day there I was called into a meeting, the office manager stressed numbers and production to us all, even assistants who have no part in the financial aspect, which stressed me out.

Advice to Management

Office managers- make sure that your floor supervisors are budgeting correctly and ordering the right materials to achieve the amount of production you want.

2. Managing Dentist is the key for establishing a good working environment for new Associate Dentists

Current Employee - Associate Dentist
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Reasonable compensation. Good office people. Fast paced. Exposed to and learn new things every day.

Cons

Emphasis on production. Expectations seem a bit high initially. Lots of chatter about bonuses, but it's still just chatter. We shall see.