Western Dental Services

Disappointing first job.

Former Employee - Dental Assistant  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sometimes fun environment, sometimes nice people to work with.

Cons

Floor supervisor never had items in stock, assistants often fought over materials for their doctors, management knew of sterilization protocol not being followed and did nothing, my floor supervisor directly told me to switch how I did everything when the osha person came, got written up over x-rays because the managing dentist was a utter perfectionist, I saw treatment that patients didn't need completed nearly every single day. My first day there I was called into a meeting, the office manager stressed numbers and production to us all, even assistants who have no part in the financial aspect, which stressed me out.

Office managers- make sure that your floor supervisors are budgeting correctly and ordering the right materials to achieve the amount of production you want.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Western Dental Services (View Most Recent)

Managing Dentist is the key for establishing a good working environment for new Associate Dentists

Current Employee - Associate Dentist
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

Reasonable compensation. Good office people. Fast paced. Exposed to and learn new things every day.

Cons

Emphasis on production. Expectations seem a bit high initially. Lots of chatter about bonuses, but it's still just chatter. We shall see.

Great place to gain experience and decent salary

Current Employee - Dentist
    Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent compensation, base pay, willing to take new graduates, free CE courses, patients less picky and used to new dentists

Cons

high production requirements, dentists are frequently relocated with very short notice, dentists expected to work in low-income areas or areas far from where they live, schedule changes with very short notice

appreciate your good employees

There are newer employer reviews for Western Dental Services

Worked for Western Dental Services? Contribute to the Community!