Western Dental Services

Good Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Business Manager
Current Employee - Business Manager

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Western Dental is a great place to build experience and has a great training program for business managers. The monthly bonus can be very lucrative.

Cons

The business manager position can be very stressful at times with the amount of pressure to meet goal. Working with the managing dentist can become challenging depending on your working relationship.

The software and processes designed by the company need to be stream lined to prevent unnecessary data entry and human error. The company tends to focus on upgrading programs and not changing existing problems.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Western Dental Services (View Most Recent)

Good place to get experience and mostly fun work environment

I have been working at Western Dental Services

Pros

Pretty flexible scheduling, low-pressure if you have the right staff. All about appointment book management and production

Cons

Regional managers (practice development managers) get to do the real managing. BMs mostly ensure high sales....and that's about it. Not a lot of analyzing reports or budgeting or any other useful skills to add on your résumé. Lots of HR violations.

Give BMs more responsibility so they feel less like sales managers. Get a stronger HR department.

Disappointing first job.

Former Employee - Dental Assistant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Western Dental Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sometimes fun environment, sometimes nice people to work with.

Cons

Floor supervisor never had items in stock, assistants often fought over materials for their doctors, management knew of sterilization protocol not being followed and did nothing, my floor supervisor directly told me to switch how I did everything when the osha person came, got written up over x-rays because the managing dentist was a utter perfectionist, I saw treatment that patients didn't need completed nearly every single day. My first day there I was called into a meeting, the office manager stressed numbers and production to us all, even assistants who have no part in the financial aspect, which stressed me out.

Office managers- make sure that your floor supervisors are budgeting correctly and ordering the right materials to achieve the amount of production you want.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Dental Services

Worked for Western Dental Services? Contribute to the Community!