WD is a solid company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Western Digital

Pros

Stable industry and stable career growth path.

Cons

It has some common issues as other big companies...

A more transparent business process and more effective internal training or job rotation program can help motivated employees better.

Other Reviews for Western Digital

If you're not working at WD today, what more are you looking for?

Current Employee - Director  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Western Digital

Pros

It is an extremely well-managed company from a fiscal perspective (a HUGE PLUS these days); is consistently growing market share; has made very smart investments in acquisitions; has been consistent in paying out bonuses consistent with business performance; has recently re-structured the bonus plans to pay-out more to all levels; has great products; has been around for more than 35 years and shows no signs of changing that in any way; has provided me with the challenges I want and the rewards for meeting them.

Cons

has had the reputation for paying salaries below the market; is very prudent when it comes to spending contributing to an image inconsistent with its success; doesn't have a lot of "flash" or "sexiness" as a company - always stays in the background.

Invest in creating a stronger image or "brand" for the culture and work environment. Force yourselves from time to time to take one eye off the business and pay attention to what your employees need. It's not that much and it pays off big time! Keep doing what you're doing to sustain our strong balance sheet and great market performance. Invest some of our profits into creating a physical environment that makes employees "brag" about working here.

Overall a satisfying place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Western Digital

Pros

The demands for more capacity and performance make an environment where you're always learning. Information exchange sessions are common.

Cons

Salary increases are doled out sparingly. Incentives are done through bonuses only.

You've done a remarkable job building the business. Place more value on your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Digital.

Worked for Western Digital? Contribute to the Community!