Western Express

www.westernexp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Western Express

Felt I had to ask permission to use the restroom

I worked at Western Express full-time

Pros

Good people, decent starting pay. Opportunity for quick advancement if you can endure it. Decent benefits

Cons

Awful work life balance, had to work every 3rd saturday and were lucky to get off two holidays a year. You start with ZERO paid days off, and almost no paid holidays expect to live at your computer.

Completely revamp the culure to break revolving door theme.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Western Express (View Most Recent)

stay awaye what a bunch of liers

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Western Express (less than a year)

Pros

nothing good about this company

Cons

This company will lie to you just to get you into the door. Yes they are hurting for driver but there is a reason for that. people walk out everyday with this company. Recruiting will say you can make money with them but you cant dispatch will not run you lke they say they will. Dispactch is very rude when you talk to them they yell at you and make you feel very low. I had one of the log ladies go to the saftey director and said that i went to her and told her i didnt know how to drive a truck. that is false never even talked to the lady maybe but once. The help at western is out to get their drivers fired and ruin their dac report. They dont like to get you home and if you ask to go home or have an emergancy you might not have a job when you come back. If you can fit into the crowd there you maybe fine but you will have to play football in the parking lot or smoke cirgerates with them. they gave me a truck once and took it awye from me. told be to pick up a abonded truck then came to the yard and took that awaye from me also. then after that they cleaned out my truck and escortedd me off the property and told me i was not aloud back on. All i did was complain a little bit about why i was getting the run around going from truck to truck day to day. All i am saying is stay far far awaye from this company they will lie to you and everything else. im glad im out and will never go back but i will ruin their name for what they did to me.

treat ur help with a litle respct and maybe you will get drivers. they way you treat ur drivers is terible. you should be ashamed of yourself and your company. your trucks are embarrassing to be on the road.

Regional Account Manager

I have been working at Western Express

Pros

Good experience for the long run

Cons

60 hour weeks once a month

Work/Life Balance