Western Governors University
www.wgu.edu Salt Lake City, UT 150 to 499 Employees

Work from home

Student Mentor - Faculty (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWork from home, somewhat flexibility with schedule, benefits are ok, most colleagues are intellectual and academic professionals.

ConsDisconnect with upper management. Pay structure needs to be redone to reflect fair market. Middle management micro-manages too much. Policy and procedures should be in place as a guide not to use to terminate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWGU has a great product at a great price and with education in demand pay attention to the little details. The Mentors are capable and good at what they do, don't hinder them with bureaucracy!

bad company

Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Western Governors University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: the best part of Western Governors enrollment department is the chance… Cons: Western Governors University enrollment department offers its employees low pay the raises are extremely small! Its very difficult… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mismanagement has ruined a great opportunity

Program Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Western Governors University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: WGU has an admirable mission that feels good to be a part of. Focusing on student success and ensuring they have degrees that actually mean… Cons: There is a complete lack of management skills in all levels of leadership. Many leaders have had little to no management experience and no experience… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to understand that they are not just a college, they are also a professional business. All leaders need to take classes and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Western Governors University.

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Governors University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Western Governors University CEO Robert Mendenhall. All reviews posted anonymously by Western Governors University employees.