There are newer employer reviews for Western Governors University

Not too bad, could be better

Current Employee - Student Mentor - Faculty  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Student Mentor - Faculty in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Western Governors University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedules, see direct impact in some students' lives, organization has a fantastic mission statement

Cons

Not paid enough for hours I put in, micromanaging middle management, too much focus on KPI's instead of on the student, loss of focus on the mission statement, goals that lead to company bonuses becoming unreachable because of lack of feedback from upper management to lower ranks, complete and total lack of internal customer service - good luck in applying for a promotion and getting feedback from HR

Let us talk to you about goals and what we realistically see happening, quit making pronouncements from on high and expecting us to figure out how to implement them, make the bonuses untethered from KPI goals so we don't feel so unethical about pushing numbers over individual student situations, when we apply for an internal position - help us with that, develop all of us, not just those with the highest KPI's.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Western Governors University (View Most Recent)

Poor pay, no ability to move up, lack of communication between upper management and lower level employees

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor
    Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor

Pros

Work from home
    Great colleagues
    Okay tuition discount- 75% off

Cons

Ridiculous university goals- too high and not within reach
    Low pay- even the President of the university stated this as such
    Lack of communication- between departments, management teams, and lower level employees

When the university is not reaching your goals, don't raise the goals higher and make the stakes higher. Fix the reason why we're not yet reaching the current goals before making more unreachable goals, especially when our only poor bonuses rely on meeting these goals.

Overall a decent place

I have been working at Western Governors University

Pros

THe hope and inspiration you bring to the children. WOrk from home allows the cost avvoidance of fuel and business dress

Cons

Compensation sucks. Employees know they will be fired.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Governors University

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!