Western Michigan University

www.wmich.edu

The benefits of working at WMU are the greatest attraction. Free tuition for the employee, BC/BS generous leave totals.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsWork weeks are M-F 8-5, very predictable schedule. If you have other commitments, generally work does not encroach on your personal time. Benefits are very good and sick and annual leave amounts are generous.

ConsStarting salaries are generally low, and it is very difficult to move up the scale. The only way to get a salary increase is to change jobs. Annual across-the-board increases have been 1% and 1.5% the last two years. Hourly and salaried employees get the same amount. There is no mechanism for salary increase once you are hired into a position.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany values and core mission of serving students is recognizable across campus, and most employees appreciate the service environment. There are awards for employees, but these are only given if the employees supervisor takes the time to submit the paperwork so the employee can be considered, so this doesn't get utilized as it should and employees often feel unappreciated.

Great environment to conduct research

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Western Michigan University part-time for less than a year

Pros: The Business Information Systems department is interested in helping students… Cons: A big mix of varying personalities, very small percent of… Advice to Senior Management: With technology becoming a large part of culture, along with continuous industry growth, it is an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience, great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Western Michigan University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fabulous team, great benefits, friendly and exciting place to work. Fun to… Cons: There really weren't any major Cons. It was a great place… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Western Michigan University.

Worked for Western Michigan University? Contribute to the Community!