Western State Colorado University

www.western.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Western State Colorado University

Awsome place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Custdion in Gunnison, CO
Current Employee - Custdion in Gunnison, CO

I have been working at Western State Colorado University

Pros

The hours are awesome. The management are a great team and very fair. Very family oriented, for example if a family member such as a child is ill at school, no questions asked the saying is go take care of your family. The management we have now is just great to work with. The best I have ever worked for !!!!!

Cons

SNOW SNOW SNOW Sometimes you have a hard time keeping with snow and trying to get your work done. But on the whole no cons.

Keep up the good work You guys are an awsome team to work for. The positive attitude and weekly meetings are great

4 Other Employee Reviews for Western State Colorado University (View Most Recent)

Really enjoy the people (Faculty, Staff and Students) that work on this beautiful campus in Gunnison, Colorado.

Current Employee - Fitness Center Manager in Gunnison, CO
    Current Employee - Fitness Center Manager in Gunnison, CO

I have been working at Western State Colorado University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Western has great benefits and working in the Campus Rec Department is a delight! The energy is positive and the members are genuine. A true pleasure to work at Western! Our best partnership is with the Athletic Department. With the addition of a new Athletic Director and the Assistant Athletic Director there are awesome vibes in our new Mountaineer Field House building.

Cons

My department is pretty darn awesome. The only thing you have to remember is that because we are a small department, there are many times that your 40 hour week turns into a 50-60 or 75 hour week. While these weeks are a lot of hard work and extra effort, the department heads recognize the extra effort and are more that happy to allow comp time.

Keep up the good work! Directors who appreciate their workers are amazing leaders and good mentors. Positive attitudes and a lot of customer service is a good working environment.

Outstanding leadership team working hard to modernize and grow University

Former Employee - Administrator in Gunnison, CO
    Former Employee - Administrator in Gunnison, CO

I worked at Western State Colorado University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Terrific location for family and career. The faculty and staff are a dedicated group of educators.

Cons

Gunnison is a small town with limited career opportunities for spouses.

Stress the importance of retention and team work to all faculty members.

There are newer employer reviews for Western State Colorado University