OK Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Western Union

Pros

Co-Workers
Good Location
Good standard benefits
Ability to travel

Cons

Long Hours
Not a lot of promotion opportunities

Pay more attention to complaints and act on them

Other Reviews for Western Union

Great place to work

Current Employee - N/A  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - N/A in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Western Union

Pros

teamwork, leader in industry, fairness and employees treated respectfully and ethically, great benefits, innovative, great branding strategy, top performer, work life balance, amenities

Cons

fast paced, sometimes the communication between upper management and the "doers" is lacking, not always clear career development and advancement paths

get out and about and visit with employees more, get to know the people that work for you and those that are on the "front lines"

Management Does not value learning or education

Current Employee - Compliance Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union

Pros

Management is flexible with time off requests. The work is not intimidating or overly difficult. Western Union is a recognized Money Services business and looks good on a resume. Tuition reimbursement benefits are great.

Cons

Benefits are just fair compared to other financial services institutions in Denver as they have chosen the least expensive Aetna plans available (Dental coverage is poor). Management in the compliance group does not value education or learning. They will not support most individuals in obtaining an ACAMS license or any leadership training. We do not have adequate HR Generalist support and therefore no one to oversee the operation. Compliance has a dark mark at Western Union and this might not be indicative of every other department. No bonuses, except for Directors and above. No one ever gets fired; bad apples never reprimanded.

Western Union claims to be concerned about employees but we are yet to see that is the case. We give millions of dollars to foreign countries, our major customers. However, very little is given back to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Union.

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!