Western University of Health Sciences

Unclaimed Profile

Researcher at WesternU

Current Employee - Research Fellow in Pomona, CA
Current Employee - Research Fellow in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working relationship. Staff and faculty are nice. Schools of different health profession are there. Can easily build up network.

Cons

Geographical location. Commute is a nightmare. Office room are small and need more expansion. Security at night is an issue here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Two sides of a bouncing coin

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I worked at Western University of Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WUHS has a good benefits program and like most schools, good PTO. In fact, they let you accumulate it pretty quickly. President Pumerantz - now mostly in name only unfortunately - genuinely cares about the employees and students. There are some very nice people working there.

Cons

There are also some very incompetent, and downright nasty people working there too. I would probably still be there, but out of the entire 400-person faculty, I had three who for whatever reasons didn't like or believe in me as an employee. Problem was, those three were in the positions of power in the hierarchy, and Dr. Pumerantz was in no condition to take command anymore.

Advice to Management

In talking to other employees, most of us sense a slow decline is going on. Too many jerks being hired with too much power. The Provost and President need to take charge again, get HR to vett the new hires better to make sure they fit with the WUHS culture, because the upper management is rapidly forgetting about the humanistic mission of the school.

2. Love the job, management is not doing what they should be doing, let people work

Current Employee - Research Technician in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Research Technician in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Western University of Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the job, research allows me to do something different, new things, new techniques and equipment, the people that work here are great, benefits are also good. People that do research understand the technicians

Cons

micromanage, no respect, make your life difficult, not willing to go the extra mile because of management

Advice to Management

do not micromanage. trust your workers, respect, it's not a sweat-shop