Western Wats

www.westernwats.com
  www.westernwats.com
There are newer employer reviews for Western Wats

Work sucks but the pay and atmosphere would not bad.

Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE
Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE

I worked at Western Wats part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was nice to get a paycheck each week. TGIF indeed when it was the beginning of the weekend and pay day. Your pay depends the number of surveys you complete and the time it takes to finish them. My supervisors were professional but very relaxed and flexible. I've screwed up a few times and they let it slide. That can't be emphasized enough, the work environment is the epitome of business casual.

I have social anxiety and it get pronounced over the phone where you cannot hear a person as well. Though after say the first month, I still felt nervous but it wasn't as paralyzing as before and you'll feel more confident as you memorize your surveys.

The schedule is very flexible, it was easy to go to school and pay rent at the same time. You can easily reschedule as well, provided its done in advance.

Cons

Your experience entirely depends on what kind of survey you are doing. The short and easy ones that take less than three minutes or the long and tedious one that take up to 45 minutes. The reality is almost ALL surveys are boring, just some are more than others. You will be bored and frustrated if you don't get a complete in two hours. There was a few times where I had zero completes in the entire six hour shift.

Some people can handle it better than others, I am not surprised the turn over rate is high. I'm surprised I managed a whole year and I'm a naturally restless person.

Sometimes you get sent home early, its a pleasant change once in a while but there are times you get sent home early day after day, for not completing enough surveys in time (which isn't always in your control) or just some silly reason. Those phases are infrequent but they do suck because money suddenly becomes tight, its almost like holding your breath.

Before I got laid off, I didn't receive a notice at all that the call center was closing down. I was fortunate to meet a supervisor in the store randomly. Maybe they didn't care because I've heard a rumor that we were the worst call center of them all. I don't know how true that is.

Overall I say this. You can't go wrong with this company, the work itself is boring as hell but almost everything else makes up for it.

Keep doing what you're doing. Except that if you're going to lay someone off, please let them know.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Western Wats (View Most Recent)

Satisfied

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Western Wats

Pros

Environment and location were nice. No micro managing. Relaxed working environment.

Cons

Lack of visibility and direction

Increase your pay of company champions

Good, but a disconnect between leadership and the rest

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Western Wats

Pros

Constant challenge - all of the employees encouraged to develop themselves and the business. Bonus structure promotes attaining and exceeding realistic goals.

Cons

Base pay sucks. Benefits are pitiful. Work expectation is off the hook. While management is off on a mountain bike ride, everyone else is slaving away

Try to be more inclusive. The senior folks form a boys club, and the rest of us are on the outside looking in.

There are newer employer reviews for Western Wats