Western and Southern Life
www.westernsouthernlife.com Cincinnati, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's like the internet hasn't been invented

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsSalary to start off and the managers always have time for you. Benefits including healthcare and dental for the whole family.

ConsI could never figure out how much I was going to make and never saw a breakdown of commissions and expenses. Some managers have too much time for you and will text or phone you too often just to see what you're doing. There isn't enough time spent initially on product knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your agents know what they are doing before you promote them. Streamline communications between underwriting and agents through email, especially on conversions and re-reinstatements. Train your support staff better so that answers are consistent.

Beaten Into Submission

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Western and Southern Life full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you actually sell a policy that gets underwritten, the… Cons: 100% commission after 6 weeks. The ONLY marketing done by company is to current clients- huh? Sales agents expected to pay for all other, restricted… Advice to Senior Management: Move yourselves into the 21st century. Must realize that as much as you all in Corp think of yourselves, there are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dreams and Hopes for a Profitable Career SHATTERED!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Saint Ann, MO

I worked at Western and Southern Life full-time for more than a year

Pros: Initially started off with 6 week salary, health, dental benefits started after 30 days, great resources and… Cons: Unrealistic goals and requirements for representatives. Straight commission after 6 week period. No clarity or prediction on how much you will actually make. They sell… Advice to Senior Management: Get some experienced and successful managers into the position. If your agents are excelling, them make them managers because obviously they know what works.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Western and Southern Life.

Worked for Western and Southern Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western and Southern Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Western and Southern Life CEO John F. Barrett. All reviews posted anonymously by Western and Southern Life employees.