Westfield

www.westfield.com
  www.westfield.com
There are newer employer reviews for Westfield

Overall Great Experience

I have been working at Westfield

Pros

I learned a ton while working for Westfield. I was able to develop an impressive skill set that has launched my career since leaving the company. As a marketing director for one of the shopping centers I managed all aspects of the marketing program including social media, public relations, advertising, lead generations, operations, gift card management, budget development and management, etc.

Cons

Work life balance was a struggle for many employees. The Executive Management was big on face-time and wanted you to be working far more than 40 hours per week. Finding a property with a great General Manager is key since it is the GM that really runs to day-to-day operation.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Westfield (View Most Recent)

The worst place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wheaton, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wheaton, MD

I worked at Westfield full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only one for me was that it was close to home. With a miserable place to work even that gets old after a while.

Cons

Admin.staff treated like crap; no room for advancement; upstairs/downstairs mentality; crappy salary and the list goes on and on and on.....

A good start would be to practice fairness with ALL employees. You need all of them to run your organization - not just top management.

Coordinator

Former Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westfield full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company, great networking opportunities. (Numerous, additional pros and perks are available for senior level employees; however, I do not suggest choosing Westfield if you are interested in joining the company in an entry-mid level position).

Cons

Unorganized, extremely large gap and lack of communication between execs/senior mgmt and rest of company. favoritism and personal friendships determine rate of pay, promotions, etc.; no follow through or follow up with employees that wish to grow within the company. lack of understanding and communication between departments; outdated or non-existent training tools available for new employees; too much personal drama and gossip within the company; little or no appreciation and/or recognition is given, management does not get held responsible for mistakes, worst HR dept ever (no confidentiality or help available to employees).

Pay closer attention to reviews and employee surveys and follow through with solving issues. Put less emphasis on senior management and spend more time worrying about employees at all levels. The amount of (other peoples) work that is done by employees whose responsibility it shouldn't be (whether it should be handled by another department or someone else in their own department) is outstanding. Management also really needs to work on making sure employees feel comfortable speaking up (as well as confident that the situation will be handled without retaliation) when they are being asked to do tasks that are either illegal, immoral, or outside of their positions' requirements.

There are newer employer reviews for Westfield