Westfield

www.westfield.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Westfield

Overall Great Experience

I have been working at Westfield

Pros

I learned a ton while working for Westfield. I was able to develop an impressive skill set that has launched my career since leaving the company. As a marketing director for one of the shopping centers I managed all aspects of the marketing program including social media, public relations, advertising, lead generations, operations, gift card management, budget development and management, etc.

Cons

Work life balance was a struggle for many employees. The Executive Management was big on face-time and wanted you to be working far more than 40 hours per week. Finding a property with a great General Manager is key since it is the GM that really runs to day-to-day operation.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Westfield (View Most Recent)

Pluses and minuses for sure working here

Current Employee - Specialty Leasing Manager
    Current Employee - Specialty Leasing Manager

I have been working at Westfield full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid company that manages it's finances responsibly, delivers tremendous shareholder value and a great mall experience to it's custopmers while offering employees competitive salaries and benefits.

Cons

Key leadership has significcant difficulty communicating effectively, acts in ways that hurt their credibility amongst the employees and is terribly unsuccessful at creating an enthuisiastic team that wants to perform for them. Management sends mixed messages about expectations, sets unrealistic goals, uses bully tactics, believes in change for the sake of change (and to keep management busy) and create unecessary division amongst employees in the name of internal competition.

Be more genuine, human and honest with the employees. Trust your employees more as you are very good at selecting and hiring quality people for yhour staff. Set realistic goals, listen to your people on the ground at the centers, and make people want to work for you and the company.

The worst place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wheaton, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wheaton, MD

I worked at Westfield full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only one for me was that it was close to home. With a miserable place to work even that gets old after a while.

Cons

Admin.staff treated like crap; no room for advancement; upstairs/downstairs mentality; crappy salary and the list goes on and on and on.....

A good start would be to practice fairness with ALL employees. You need all of them to run your organization - not just top management.

There are newer employer reviews for Westfield