There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts

Decent company to work

Former Employee - Bellstaff in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Bellstaff in Orlando, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good money to be made

Cons

General manager told me not to worry about becoming a sales rep. He told me " to stay and learn my position well".

They should encourage their employees to advance and not kill their dreams by telling them to stay in their position. (Even though I know better).

reviews filtered by

This company cannot be trusted...

Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a total of 14 years from 1996 to 2010, in every sales capacity possible and finally in management. Initially a great family style company with a lot of bonuses and great sales incentives. But as the years progressed they were slowly but surely taken away!

Cons

In my management capacity I learned how the company steals sales deals from its sales reps and puts them in another's name in order the "save the deals." They ALWAYS hire a huge amount of sales people to deal with the summer rush, they will tell you that they will try to keep all of you, but the reality is they will fire 80 to 90% of you in the fall. I saw it year in and year out. They are massive liars. They train you to say they are the #1 timeshare in the world, false! They train you to say they are the largest, false! And I could go on for ever. Needless to say, they cannot be trusted in anything they say and do!!! They will also find ANY excuse to not pay sales reps their commissions. And if you leave the company for any reason the contract you sign has a no compete clause that they WILL ENFORCE!!! Finally they will sue you for commissions paid to you but according to them not due you??? I would rather starve then to ever work for them again! Beware, beware, beware!!!!

Management needs to learn to manage with integrity and honesty, they need to take courses on ethics! All of you need to get back to basics, back to what made you a great company to work for back in the 1980s and '90s. What a pity to see what you have become!

2. They'll hire anyone

Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales in Branson, MO

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

2 week training allows you to learn what you need to know to sell their product. Good way for people with little or no education to make a living, so long as they don't mind lying to get the product sold.

Cons

Product is worthless so they have to bait-and-switch their presentation...you're pretty much selling air. Anyone can look around on the internet and find deals on travel for less than they'd pay annually for a timeshare. Literally the only qualifications to work there as a sales rep are passing a background check and a drug test. The people make the job - and the people here made the job less than desirable.

Make your managers dress like professionals when they ask unsuspecting old people for $15k for a borderline useless product.

There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts