There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts

This company cannot be trusted...

Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a total of 14 years from 1996 to 2010, in every sales capacity possible and finally in management. Initially a great family style company with a lot of bonuses and great sales incentives. But as the years progressed they were slowly but surely taken away!

Cons

In my management capacity I learned how the company steals sales deals from its sales reps and puts them in another's name in order the "save the deals." They ALWAYS hire a huge amount of sales people to deal with the summer rush, they will tell you that they will try to keep all of you, but the reality is they will fire 80 to 90% of you in the fall. I saw it year in and year out. They are massive liars. They train you to say they are the #1 timeshare in the world, false! They train you to say they are the largest, false! And I could go on for ever. Needless to say, they cannot be trusted in anything they say and do!!! They will also find ANY excuse to not pay sales reps their commissions. And if you leave the company for any reason the contract you sign has a no compete clause that they WILL ENFORCE!!! Finally they will sue you for commissions paid to you but according to them not due you??? I would rather starve then to ever work for them again! Beware, beware, beware!!!!

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn to manage with integrity and honesty, they need to take courses on ethics! All of you need to get back to basics, back to what made you a great company to work for back in the 1980s and '90s. What a pity to see what you have become!

reviews filtered by
  1. They'll hire anyone

Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales in Branson, MO

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

2 week training allows you to learn what you need to know to sell their product. Good way for people with little or no education to make a living, so long as they don't mind lying to get the product sold.

Cons

Product is worthless so they have to bait-and-switch their presentation...you're pretty much selling air. Anyone can look around on the internet and find deals on travel for less than they'd pay annually for a timeshare. Literally the only qualifications to work there as a sales rep are passing a background check and a drug test. The people make the job - and the people here made the job less than desirable.

Advice to Management

Make your managers dress like professionals when they ask unsuspecting old people for $15k for a borderline useless product.

2. How do these people sleep at night?

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None- it's all lies. They didn't become billionaires by being honest.

Cons

Like the timeshares they force on poor people, it's all smoke and mirrors. Don't expect to ever be paid ...you will lose money working for these people.

Advice to Management

I hope you crash and burn soonest.