Westgate Resorts

www.westgateresorts.com

This company cannot be trusted...

Director of Sales Training (Former Employee) Kissimmee, FL

ProsI worked for this company for a total of 14 years from 1996 to 2010, in every sales capacity possible and finally in management. Initially a great family style company with a lot of bonuses and great sales incentives. But as the years progressed they were slowly but surely taken away!

ConsIn my management capacity I learned how the company steals sales deals from its sales reps and puts them in another's name in order the "save the deals." They ALWAYS hire a huge amount of sales people to deal with the summer rush, they will tell you that they will try to keep all of you, but the reality is they will fire 80 to 90% of you in the fall. I saw it year in and year out. They are massive liars. They train you to say they are the #1 timeshare in the world, false! They train you to say they are the largest, false! And I could go on for ever. Needless to say, they cannot be trusted in anything they say and do!!! They will also find ANY excuse to not pay sales reps their commissions. And if you leave the company for any reason the contract you sign has a no compete clause that they WILL ENFORCE!!! Finally they will sue you for commissions paid to you but according to them not due you??? I would rather starve then to ever work for them again! Beware, beware, beware!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to learn to manage with integrity and honesty, they need to take courses on ethics! All of you need to get back to basics, back to what made you a great company to work for back in the 1980s and '90s. What a pity to see what you have become!

They'll hire anyone

Day Line Timeshare Sales (Former Employee) Branson, MO

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: 2 week training allows you to learn what you need to know to sell their product. Good way for people… Cons: Product is worthless so they have to bait-and-switch their presentation...you're pretty much selling air. Anyone can look around on the internet and find deals on… Advice to Senior Management: Make your managers dress like professionals when they ask unsuspecting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent company to work

Bellstaff (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good money to be made Cons: General manager told me not to worry about becoming a sales… Advice to Senior Management: They should encourage their employees to advance and not kill their dreams… More
There are newer reviews on Westgate Resorts.

Worked for Westgate Resorts? Contribute to the Community!