There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts

This company cannot be trusted...

Former Employee - Director of Sales Training  in  Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for this company for a total of 14 years from 1996 to 2010, in every sales capacity possible and finally in management. Initially a great family style company with a lot of bonuses and great sales incentives. But as the years progressed they were slowly but surely taken away!

Cons

In my management capacity I learned how the company steals sales deals from its sales reps and puts them in another's name in order the "save the deals." They ALWAYS hire a huge amount of sales people to deal with the summer rush, they will tell you that they will try to keep all of you, but the reality is they will fire 80 to 90% of you in the fall. I saw it year in and year out. They are massive liars. They train you to say they are the #1 timeshare in the world, false! They train you to say they are the largest, false! And I could go on for ever. Needless to say, they cannot be trusted in anything they say and do!!! They will also find ANY excuse to not pay sales reps their commissions. And if you leave the company for any reason the contract you sign has a no compete clause that they WILL ENFORCE!!! Finally they will sue you for commissions paid to you but according to them not due you??? I would rather starve then to ever work for them again! Beware, beware, beware!!!!

Management needs to learn to manage with integrity and honesty, they need to take courses on ethics! All of you need to get back to basics, back to what made you a great company to work for back in the 1980s and '90s. What a pity to see what you have become!

64 Other Employee Reviews for Westgate Resorts (View Most Recent)

They'll hire anyone

Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales  in  Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Day Line Timeshare Sales in Branson, MO

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

2 week training allows you to learn what you need to know to sell their product. Good way for people with little or no education to make a living, so long as they don't mind lying to get the product sold.

Cons

Product is worthless so they have to bait-and-switch their presentation...you're pretty much selling air. Anyone can look around on the internet and find deals on travel for less than they'd pay annually for a timeshare. Literally the only qualifications to work there as a sales rep are passing a background check and a drug test. The people make the job - and the people here made the job less than desirable.

Make your managers dress like professionals when they ask unsuspecting old people for $15k for a borderline useless product.

Enjoyed my job, but company was not as appreciative.

Former Employee - Safety & Security Director  in  Gatlinburg, TN
    Former Employee - Safety & Security Director in Gatlinburg, TN

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, staff, dealing with wide variety of people personalities from guests to fellow workers.

Cons

Did not have proper equipment to do job effectively. Company was not very "employee friendly". Everyone seemed to walk around "on pins and needles". No pat raises given by company in more than four years at time of employment with none in foreseeable future.

Appreciate your employees more. Show it with rewards.

There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts

Worked for Westgate Resorts? Contribute to the Community!