Westgate Resorts

www.westgateresorts.com
  www.westgateresorts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts

This company cannot be trusted...

Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Director of Sales Training in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Westgate Resorts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a total of 14 years from 1996 to 2010, in every sales capacity possible and finally in management. Initially a great family style company with a lot of bonuses and great sales incentives. But as the years progressed they were slowly but surely taken away!

Cons

In my management capacity I learned how the company steals sales deals from its sales reps and puts them in another's name in order the "save the deals." They ALWAYS hire a huge amount of sales people to deal with the summer rush, they will tell you that they will try to keep all of you, but the reality is they will fire 80 to 90% of you in the fall. I saw it year in and year out. They are massive liars. They train you to say they are the #1 timeshare in the world, false! They train you to say they are the largest, false! And I could go on for ever. Needless to say, they cannot be trusted in anything they say and do!!! They will also find ANY excuse to not pay sales reps their commissions. And if you leave the company for any reason the contract you sign has a no compete clause that they WILL ENFORCE!!! Finally they will sue you for commissions paid to you but according to them not due you??? I would rather starve then to ever work for them again! Beware, beware, beware!!!!

Management needs to learn to manage with integrity and honesty, they need to take courses on ethics! All of you need to get back to basics, back to what made you a great company to work for back in the 1980s and '90s. What a pity to see what you have become!

72 Other Employee Reviews for Westgate Resorts (View Most Recent)

Never know what to expect

Current Employee - Contracts Processor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Contracts Processor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Westgate Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good people to work with, full time job, good pay

Cons

never know if its going to be busy or slow, no set hours you can work your eight hours or you could be there later depends on the sales floor. No consistency with procedures, management doesn't work with employees well regarding schedules.

It was a great place to work I ended t through,y

I have been working at Westgate Resorts

Pros

Money it was grea benefits make a fortune all commission was like Benton stage every day

Cons

Intability, cut throat fire people all the time numbers talk every man for the self must be able to lie

There are newer employer reviews for Westgate Resorts