Westinghouse

www.westinghousenuclear.com

Pay is good but money isn't everything.

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Cranberry Twp, PA

ProsPay is better than average and benefits are good. Great experience for people just out of college. Get the Westinghouse name on your resume.

ConsBe ready to work long hours and sacrifice some of your family life. Mismanaged projects go on and on and miss their deadlines. Everything gets rushed and then planning gets thrown out the window. The testing is repetitive and can lead to boredom. Also don't expect to work with any cutting edge technology since the NRC requires "tried-and-true" equipment. Since the shop floor is union you are not allowed to touch anything. You will get scolded for picking up a screwdriver or multimeter.

Some engineers have pushed themselves into leadership roles which makes waves in the team. A few of the skilled engineers have quit because of bad management decisions. Seems like the good people leave for better opportunities and bad tend to stay on.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Let go the people who agitate the group and reward the ones who really know how to get things done. Also management has old timers that need to retire already.

Lots of engineers,

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time

Pros: The compensation and benefits are very competitive. But they need to pay well because of the nature of the business. The company is… Cons: Boring work environment. Unfortunately, I don't work at the new corporate palace Westinghouse built in Cranberry, PA which is very nice. I work… Advice to Senior Management: Make coming to work fun again. Use ERP software like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very Satisfied

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company Culture Work/Life Balance Employees are recognized for their hard work. Cons: Not many career choices to move around (very specific skills… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Westinghouse.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!