Westinghouse
www.westinghousenuclear.com Cranberry Township, PA 5000+ Employees

A business that preaches safety, and actually means it.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time

ProsSeem to provide ample opportunities to train in both technical skills, as well as business and project management skills. Westinghouse has a unique blend of design and field service opportunities, which provides engineers with a unique experience of customer interaction which can be uncommon in many engineering companies I have experience with.

ConsA lot of what you are expected to do there is little training for. Most of my "training" was self-found by speaking with many of my colleagues and learning on the fly. Not that any of that was a con necessarily, but most people like to be trained and communicated expectations on a frequent basis. Often, I did not receive those.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor such a geographically-centric company, Westinghouse still has too many silos. Many times I would be in a bind where I did not even realize there were experts in other segments of the company I could be asking questions. I think better encouraging of cross-business unit communication and collaboration would really bring a new level of efficiency to the company if implemented.

Money can't compensated for everything

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, salary and other related compensation. Cons: Too many processes/precedures in placed that added unnecessary burden to engineers who did real works. Good hard working engineers are rewarded with more workload whereas sloppy… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of ppl that does nothing and start replacing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good engineering internship

I have been working at Westinghouse as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Very good work / life balance Nice new facilities which make work more… Cons: Lots of politics Whole industry depends on legislation - unstable Red tape… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more company coordination within Information Systems. Lots of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Westinghouse.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westinghouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Westinghouse CEO Danny Roderick. All reviews posted anonymously by Westinghouse employees.