There are newer employer reviews for Westinghouse

Nicest people in the world!

Former Contractor - Senior Communications Specialist in Ogden, UT
Former Contractor - Senior Communications Specialist in Ogden, UT

I worked at Westinghouse as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This was the best job I ever had. I worked with the kindest people I've ever known. The company is well organized and has systems in place that ensure success. You are trained to be accountable and forward thinking. They never scold for mistakes, rather use them as learning opportunities.

Cons

Due to struggles in the nuclear fuel market, I was layed off.

Advice to Management

Make personnel decision on a more personal level. Don't let corporate decide who goes and who stays based on numbers. We are human beings doing exceptional jobs.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good job, good benefits, flexible, not much room for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, nice vacation time/paid holidays

Cons

Low raises per year, no bonuses, limited budget available for training/travel

Always in flux

Current Employee - Manager in Cranberry Township, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cranberry Township, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay above average. A lot of good people working there. Nice Headquarters in Cranberry. New CEO Roderick seems to get it or at least is talking it now, we shall see.

Cons

Good ole boy network. Rather top heavy in Mgmt and I often wonder how some got their positions. Very cut-throat, lots of finger pointing. Always under the worry of layoffs or redeployments. Good people can be gone the next day. People are paranoid.

They preach safety first but schedule actually rules. They tend to not listen to process improvement ideas until its too late and critical. They seem to value people who put out fires rather than those that have ideas to prevent them. There is such an environment of silos, it's like "as long as I'm not to blame, I don't care what your group does". A lot of creative workarounds in some groups.

They preach the work/life balance but the schedule again rules. A lot of lip service.

Advice to Management

Cut out the top heavy Management. Allow employees to work, not keep explaining what they are doing to Mgmt. Cutting worker bees not the answer. Break down silos.

There are newer employer reviews for Westinghouse