Westinghouse

www.westinghousenuclear.com

chaotic firm - poor management

Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) Cranberry, PA

ProsGood position in industry, good products, good pay for young engineers, a few good older engineers willing to mentor if you can find them. Decent for young accountants, too.

Decent compensation and benefits. Low workload. (Pro from a personal perspective - not good for the firm.)

Decent facilities at main HQ. Decent location if you want to live in the 'burbs.

ConsLots of nepotism and cronyism - leaders are promoted based on tenure and personal politics and not on business acumen, mission focus, or leadership ability. Too many average engineers promoted into non-engineering and/or management roles. Far too rare to see executives fired or demoted for below-average performance. This HR strategy and culture means too many incompetent people wind up with power inside the firm and drives away too many promising leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of you should be replaced with executives who can focus on running a business and delivering high-quality earnings. Place more emphasis on hiring and retaining competent engineers and leaders and get rid of executives who can't perform - stop punishing employees for your poor performance.

Flexible and friendly

Drafter (Current Employee) Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pay seems to be high for this area. The flex time is a life saver to both parents with school children and young professionals… Cons: Sometimes the work become monotonous. Most people I know that… Advice to Senior Management: Watch for lower management favoritism. I know it is everywhere,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good people, pays well, interesting work Cons: the industry is going through a slow time since Fukishima More
There are newer reviews on Westinghouse.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!