Westinghouse
www.westinghousenuclear.com Cranberry Township, PA 5000+ Employees

Strong rumor mill warns of layoffs to come in the next 2 months

Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time

ProsAverage pay is higher than many employers in the area, but inline within the nuclear industry. Beautiful new buildings with cafeteria and exercise center.

ConsDanny brought the GE rank and yank mentality with him. All managers are going through an exercise to rank and rate their direct reports. Internal HR is gearing up for meetings with people who are going to get cut.

Good people but management and other aspects of the job tended to slow down

Operations Support (Former Employee)
Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at Westinghouse as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Loved all of the people I worked with there. Everyone… Cons: Bureaucracy of the nuclear industry definitely made the work slow at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Was a great company.....

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great compensation in comparison to the region of Pittsburgh. Cons: No matter the amount of work that you put in or what you accomplish. You will not be appreciated. Snap judgements are made… Advice to Senior Management: Actually plan out your projects by seeking the advice of engineers who perform the work.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Westinghouse.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westinghouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Westinghouse CEO Danny Roderick. All reviews posted anonymously by Westinghouse employees.