Westinghouse
www.westinghousenuclear.com Cranberry Township, PA 5000+ Employees

Hard working engineers who care about our future. Only one issue.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFor the most part, I am happy with Westinghouse. To read complaints about the numerous engineering processes at a nuclear company explains why many of these reviews are from former employees. I have great coworkers and the management really wants success. When I need to pick up my sick kids from school or come in a few hours late, I have no problem with getting that time off.

ConsThe Legal Department is absolutely clueless about export control, points fingers toward others for their incompetence and makes up rules. Before working at Westinghouse I came from a competitor where the Legal Department treats their engineers like customers and help the business succeed. At Westinghouse most people think they are a joke. Scary for a company in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the positive changes. Focus on improving the Legal Department.

Grew too fast... still catching up

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of young, forward-thinking people Cons: No one listens to all of the young, forward-thinking people. Promotions and raises are based mostly on years at Westinghouse. I came into the company… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure the promotion/raise mechanics. Put value on forward-thinking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Been here for a few years and...

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Westinghouse is a company that regularly demonstrates commitment to delivering safe high quality products and services. … Cons: As demonstrated in this forum many young professionals want to be CEO tomorrow and are not willing to put… Advice to Senior Management: Be receptive to change as young professionals today are not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Westinghouse.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westinghouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Westinghouse CEO Danny Roderick. All reviews posted anonymously by Westinghouse employees.