Westinghouse

www.westinghousenuclear.com
  www.westinghousenuclear.com
There are newer employer reviews for Westinghouse

Westinghouse....really an overall great company.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Monroeville, PA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Monroeville, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse

Pros

Great advancement opportunities. Management promotes advancement. Great amount of knowledge.

Cons

People are very much in their own click of friends and help out only each other. Some feel as though they are better than others in the Accounting fields

Continue to spread the word about Nuclear Energy and its benefits to countries worldwide.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Westinghouse (View Most Recent)

If you like snail-paced engineering then this is your workplace...

Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Columbia, SC

I worked at Westinghouse

Pros

You are well-compensated for a job that is integral to the nuclear industry. Many times you have to be prepared to make decisions about your process that affect many things downstream, and that responsibility was rewarding.

Cons

The work becomes very daily-grind, and most of the people there have been there 25+ years. Their intractibility in changing the way they operate, even if it means vast improvements in yields and productivity, is mind boggling at times.

Support ideas that come from even the lowest levels of the organization. The operators have more combined experience on the equipment than any engineer ever could.

Westinghouse is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Engineer in Cranberry, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse

Pros

They are in the midst of a hiring spree. The nuclear renaissance is here and this place will keep on growing. The people I work with are great people and are very helpful when I need them. The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed. Since starting here, I have gained valuable knowledge that I will in turn use to further my career. Westinghouse also offers 100% tuition reimbursement if you would like to go back to school to earn a graduate degree in a field that would be beneficial to the company.

Cons

People that have been working here three years are making less than some of the new hires coming in in the same pay band. I believe that when the new hire rate goes up, they should bump everyone else up in the same band by the same percent as what they offer to the new hires.

Keep up the good work.