There are newer employer reviews for Weston Group

Flexible, Independent Work environment

I have been working at Weston Group

Pros

Set your own schedule, treatments as short or as long as you need, no micromanagement, updated with new electronic medical records for ease of communication.

Cons

Medicare changes decreasing workload some-not a Weston Group issue but since we serve mostly elderly it does affect us.

Support the good staff with rewards for good performance and high productivity.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Weston Group (View Most Recent)

not good

Current Employee - OTR in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OTR in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weston Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

when starting I was told that I need to build a caseload, which managent did assist me in doing. not complaints there . i was told that I would get my hours in which case i have been able to get 32 so far to meet the benefit requirement

Cons

im not happy with the discrepencies in the paperwork. i work at 2 facilities, and one is comp paperwork, the other is hand written and havent rolled over yet. its very confusing to regear and do things differently day by day. there should be more consistency in all buildings. management is supportive but far away. within the 1st work of starting they increased the productivity standard and stated that if productivity wasnt achieved then they would start writing therapists up, which to me is very micromanagerial. theres only 1 comp in the building, for a staff of 4 and thats mini laptop and keyboard is very small. new hires are left to fend for themselves, and learn job functions on their own. therapists have to basically treat, finish all doc, enter time daily by their limit, stay productive or ge written up, complete and correct all monthly billing, finish all verifications and enter on paper, to me thats herrondous for an 8 hr day. they need to SIMPLIFY a therapists job and eliminate red tape with BILLING!!! make a job easy not difficult!

QUIT mocromanaging and threatening. getting written up is never a solution. thats simply micromanaging coming from someone with a management degree.

Possibly the worst emplyer I have ever worked for

I have been working at Weston Group (less than an year)

Pros

Smaller company which has the capacity to offer competitve wages, and in theory, growth and upward mobility as they seem to fire and hire people / turn over people fairly quickly.

Cons

Weston Group's affiliate Paxxon Healthcare which was recently rolled out in Belmont Independent and Assisted Living facilities nation wide. Paxxon overstaffs buildings with traveling therapists, understaffs permanent managers, and tries to manage from afar without knowing their clients. The company provides few to no resources for therapists (including no computers for internet access, yet daily time cards are expected to be entered in their computer/electronic record keeping. Their documentation systems exist on paper and insurance verification system is archaeic (therapists are required to gather patient info, MD data and NPI info (again without a computer) and fax the requests to the east coast where it can take up to 10 days to hear back regarding patient's insurance. The company does not provide appropriate start up materials or guidance, including a company manual that has some chapters in triplicate and other chapters that are missing... including missing Medicare 700 forms. Again, few therapeutic resources are available for therapists including no access to theraputty, theraband, or hip kits for OT's to use to demonstrate for their patients. Management that is in place resides 3 hours away in another time zone and is done from one conference call to the next. Management also expects insane productivity levels, yet provides no means or resources for building case load, including no business cards, no flyers or handouts, no promotional resources, and limited interaction between corporate Paxxon and corporate Belmont leaves therapists and employees at the local level left floundering to guess how to negotiate the merger.

Take a class in ethics. Then learn about your clients in each building. Don't think that a coroporate model that someone devised in their back yard in podunk PA is going to fly in reality in southern CA.

There are newer employer reviews for Weston Group