Weston Solutions

www.westonsolutions.com
  www.westonsolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weston Solutions

I should have seen it coming....

Former Employee - Vice President in West Chester, PA
Former Employee - Vice President in West Chester, PA

I worked at Weston Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, friendly atmosphere, a fairly well thought out business plan and vision of where the company should be in a few years. Very entrepreneurial and a place where there is a free flow of ideas and new ideas tend to be welcome. Great IT and intercompany communincation and systems support.

Cons

Senior management is too involved in day-to-day business decisions that should be left to the division managers. Reorganization of the organizational matrix occurs every 8 to 12 months. Success metrics are difficult to reach year after year.

Don't micromanage the Division Managers, they know how to run their businesses. Eliminate CBT's and require at least some utilization for all senior-level employees. Reduce overhead by dropping those not contributing to actually identifying, winning and performing work.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Weston Solutions (View Most Recent)

Nice people, interesting work, good experience for the most part.

Current Employee - Assistant Project Scientist in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Scientist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Weston Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice and you get really good experience. They invest a lot in their employees and want them to provide only the best work. Good benefits and easy going management.

Cons

Personally, I was pigeon holed on the wrong project. When this project would slow I felt high and dry with barely any billable work because I had been dedicated to one project and made almost no other contacts with coworkers. Experience wise I was behind of where I should have been after working there for the amount of time I did. Make sure your hired to work on multiple different projects and you will be fine!

Allow employees to be crossed trained more. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Employees will produce better work if they don't feel like repetitious machines locked in a cubical doing admin work with scientific degrees.

Great people, limited ability to perform anything besides oversight.

Current Employee - Associate Project Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Project Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Weston Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, smart employees, smaller and potential to wear multiple hats

Cons

Scheduling conflicts, under bidding, tight budgets, mainly federal contracts.

Train. Train. Train. Incorporate employees into everything that is happening within the company. No secrets.

There are newer employer reviews for Weston Solutions