Westside Community Services

Engaged Employer

Great place to work

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great place to grow as a clinician and/or administrator. Westside is the first African American based community mental healh canter in the country.

Cons

There is absolutely no parking and the cost of living in the bay area is very high. This is a difficult place to earn a liveable wage if you are an intern or new to the field.

Advice to Management

I really don't hve advice except work hard and even harder and you will be suiccessful one of these days.

Other Employee Reviews for Westside Community Services

1. Good work being done, in spite of top down instability.

Current Employee - Clinician in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Westside Community Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees enjoy reasonable caseloads, strong collaboration between clinicians, and meaningful work with a diverse population. No two days the same.

Cons

Little or no company plan for orientation of new employees. Many good staff recently laid off or leaving. Multiple supervision and support roles vacated. Attrition of managerial and clinical positions secondary to unpredictable, reactive, and guarded upper management figure with strong tendency to externalize blame.

Advice to Management

Employees have made multiple attempts to communicate in a professional manner with upper management, which have only been met with escalating and vindictive behavior. We continue to work hard at serving our clients: in the interests of those in community health, I would ask that you support rather than denigrate staff.

Depressing

Former Employee - Administrstion
    Former Employee - Administrstion

I worked at Westside Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package, generous PTO, good fringe benefits.

Cons

I rarely learned anything new, I was new to the job and I wanted to learn as much as possible but management would not mentor on tasks and procedures. Management was also very