There are newer employer reviews for Westwood College

Apply Only if Your Background is in Design and Business!!!

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Annandale, VA
Current Employee - Instructor in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Westwood College part-time

Pros

Pay is great
Some faculty and staff are really helpful, caring and supportive
Depending on your teaching area, you will always have courses to teach

Cons

High Turn-Over rate in all departments
Depending on your teaching area, you may not have courses to teach
Some department chairs do not work well with some instructors

Change is good and inevitable however staff and faculty that worked well and with others should remain in the college. Changes should also be communicated better than a one line announcement via email. There should be a balance between new and old faculty on how classes are assigned while not basing it all on who has been employed the longest considering they both do the same thing; teach courses!

104 Other Employee Reviews for Westwood College (View Most Recent)

Adjunct Instructor Westwood College Annandale Campus

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty  in  Annandale, VA
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Westwood College as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good supportive working relationships with colleagues, a genuine desire to teach and support students

Cons

Emphasis seems to be shifting to a more corporate and less educational outlook

Support collaborative, innovative work by staff. Shield staff from corporate distractions

All about the money

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Westwood College as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I can work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection- that's the only thing I can think of.

Cons

Absolutely no commitment to solid course design. All official communication seems to revolve around making students feel good, rather than giving them an education. Since I started there a few years ago, one course I teach has changed in no way, yet I'm now being paid half of what I was when I started. This is because the course went from 9 to 4.5 credits. This is not fair to either me nor the students, who are now doing the same amount of work for half the credits.

Pay for solid course design- At least pretend you care more about the students' education than you do their cash.

There are newer employer reviews for Westwood College

Worked for Westwood College? Contribute to the Community!