Hard Work

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wet Seal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fairly Paid
- Fun Environment
- Good Discount
-Learning Experience

Cons

- HEAVY Workload
- Lots of Turnover

Have fun, you have to if you want to make it.

Other Reviews for Wet Seal

Unfair management, pay, and work hours

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Wet Seal part-time

Pros

Good discount, friendly coworkers for the most part. Helping and interacting with customers to pick out cute outfits is always pretty fun. Management pretty open to work around my schedule. Not an incredibly hard job or labor. Training was okay.

Cons

Low pay. Takes forever for a raise. Management favors certain employees and gives those few the most hours and those that actually work and meet their goals get nothing. Shoplifting is extremely common; place is crawling with rude customers. It gets super boring on slow days (pretty much Sunday through Thursday). At times I have felt belittled and spoken down to by management and even other associates. Overall morale is low and turnover is high.

Play fair. Give hours to those who actually meet their goals and deserve it. Don't allow management to pick favorites and belittle associates. Organize better. Don't change the schedule at the last minute or in the middle of the week.

Hard work with little to no reward...

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Wet Seal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee discount, great training from my DM, always receiving new product and running decent promos and sales to push merchandise. I enjoy visuals and marketing to which I had a great partner in my DM in helping me grow in that area. BTS and Holiday meetings were held in twice a year in which you could physically meet everyone in your area and put names to faces.

Cons

Shoplifters are terrible, keeping good employees is hard when other companies have more to offer, so much to get done with so little time, need more support from LP when wanting to prosecute and catch a shoplifter. Many times habitual shoplifters are given "great customer service" and then laugh at you as they walk out the door with a new outfit to go out in that evening... probably the most frustrating thing about the job.

Please provide another keyholder, part-time, to alleviate the stress and demands that are asked of store employees. Working with just two other managers leaves stores stretched thin for time off, rotating weekends and it ends up with management pitting "two against one" which always hurts the store. More employee rewards and recognition will make people feel valued and appreciated. My DM was fantastic and I had great training prior to starting in my position, however after she left the company things went downhill for our store and I'm glad I got out when I did. Wet Seal should just work harder at retaining current employees and providing assistance when needed. I worked for 3 weeks with no days off while I recruited, hired and trained a new assistant manager and was offered no help to give me appropriate time off... my hours worked were just a mere "thank you" to Wet Seal since I was salaried...

There are newer employer reviews for Wet Seal.

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!