Wet Seal
www.wetsealinc.com Foothill Ranch, CA 5000+ Employees

Left me completely disenchanted with retail

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

ProsGenerous discount is about the only pro I can manage here. The clothing is not of horrible quality so I did take advantage of that perk.

ConsI was hired as a store manager for a new location that was opening. From the start I realized how disorganized this company was. They had no definitive opening date for the store and when I did get it, it turned out to be only 10 days from my hire date. That means I had 10 days to be trained, recruit, hire and train my entire staff and set up the entire store which on my hire date was just an empty shell of a store. Needless to say, it was a complete disaster. I was trained for 2 AND A HALF DAYS. Let me repeat that, I had 2 AND A HALF DAYS of training. That's less than three days to learn all of the SOPS, the computer system, their visual guidelines, everything. The store opening was mayhem and we ended up closing after about an hour because HQ had failed to acquire the appropriate permits. Not a great start.
 In my first 2 months after the store opening, it was not uncommon for me to work 70 hour weeks because I could not find help from neighboring stores to fill the gaps in my schedule. I repeatedly asked my DM for assistance in filling my open management positions but received nothing from her. She was one of the most disorganized and overwhelmed DMs I have ever worked for. When I would call other stores to ask for help, they were unapologetically disinterested in helping a fellow store manager. There was no sense of community in my district. Every woman for herself it seems.
 I left after 3 months of misery and have never looked back.
 Wet seal is disorganized, and does not care about their employees. Once I quit, I contacted the head of Human Resources and the VP and no one seemed at all interest in hearing the grievances of an ex employee. They need to get it together and it is no wonder they have so much turn-over.
Worst retail experience ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect for your employees. Give new store managers the training they need.

Unstable company to work for.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Wet Seal part-time for more than a year

Pros: Salary was competitive compared to other brands in the industry. I was lucky to have a… Cons: High level of units in the store, which made visual moves and inventory difficult. Shoplifting seemed to be more prevalant than other places i… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to store feedback and streamline redundant tasking. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Co Store Manager

Co Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Wet Seal full-time for less than a year

Pros: Not as many company chores as Hollister. Cons: over worked and under paid.over time is half pay..can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wet Seal.

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wet Seal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wet Seal CEO John D. Goodman . All reviews posted anonymously by Wet Seal employees.