Wexford Health Sources

www.wexfordhealth.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Wexford Health Sources

Good experience learned a lot

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Dwight, IL
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Dwight, IL

I worked at Wexford Health Sources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the work. Great pay and good oppertunity

Cons

Never met with anyone directly from the company just spoke with them on the phone as it was a contracting company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Former RN nurse Indian town florida

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Indiantown, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Indiantown, FL

I worked at Wexford Health Sources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a job that brought home a pay check

Cons

-Inadequate pay for the work expected.

-Live Rodents/dead rodents/rodent feces in exam rooms

-Out dated policies given to nursing staff & staff questioned for not following policies...

- Was expected to address and see sick call inmates with complaints dated 1-2 months before my emloyment even started I told management this was unethical....

- Was reprimaded by an LPN & acting D.O.N. because I addressed abnormal lab values that showed an elevated A1C & DX a communicable disease...In a court of law, they will not accept the fact an LPN wanted me to continue with sick call to comply with Wexford contracts with the DOC...

-No drinkable water available to staff and when one would bring in personal water bottles other staff would drink and management did nothing about it when advised I was told to "go and buy water..."
    -Pure corporate liars as was not informed of the environmental hazards.... including but not limited to exposed electrical wires in bravo confinment... This was reported to management again nothing was fixed

-The highest level of unprofessional and ignorant corportate management to site management lack of training, orientation

-Insufficient supplies including but not limited to: soap, paper towels, gloves, protective gear, glucometer strips, BP cuffs, etc.. innadequate sick call room very small size of small closet no exam table no oto or opthalmoscopes etc.

- Multiple holes in celing with black and brown residue with water dripping all over medical unit floor & chux pads on floor when management was asked they said that this occured in "2004-2005 hurricanes" with multiple patches to roof that obviously did not take. ( no wonder the medical unit was hot there was multiple breaches in the celing!!!!

-Failure of management to address any of your health hazard concerns

- No fans or proper air conditioning on medical unit or in nurses exam rooms in confinement areas. When I told the acting D.O.N. I was very hot she told me it was me yet less than 100 ft away the 2 Dr's in there exam rooms had fans and the clinic nurse also had a fan because it was HOT I aksed if I could bring in a fan was told it was a security issue so I asked multiple times if they could provide me one.. I never got one...The heat was just too much for me...
    -Clinical staff being managed by non-clinical management with a minimal medical background

If one likes a hot ,dirty, enviroment with lack of basic nursing supplies by all means work at this facility.

Advice to Management

Fix the roof of the medical building clean up the rodent/insect feces.Provide fans or adequate AC, drinkable water, and a clean environment for your nursing staff properly train them and provide the needed supplies for a nurse

Former employee

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Wexford Health Sources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, zero, zilch, nonexsistent, I would say they do not deserve to be in business-please refer to WHY the State of Arizona threw them out!!

Cons

Practice medicine based on the dollar, unethical, unproessional, no respect for hard work, violate your HIPPA privacy laws, does not tolerate criticism well, does not want to hear the truth, they'll steal from you by altering the time clock.........they suck

Advice to Management

Get out of medicine