Weyerhaeuser

Intriguing

Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA
Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Gave me a fantastic experience to learn and grow as and engineering student. I would say that they are very understanding of how college affects work and the other way round

Cons

The lack of ability to move around with in the company as a co-op, I am unsure if this is true for all co-ops though

Make the co-op experience more well rounded by moving the students from mill to mil instead of keeping them stationary.

178 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Okay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

We receive fair pay, relative to other companies. This company is socially responsible, as there's focus on our community and a healthy environment.

Cons

The near term outlook is relatively dim, considering our industry (wood products, housing) and the poor market associated with it.

Treat employees better by remembering the added work placed on them during lean times. They're grateful to still have a job, but don't be so arrogant / take advantage of that.

Growth - up to a point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Pay was good compared to other companies in the area. Benefits were pretty good too. In most of my jobs here I was allowed a lot of autonomy and flexibility as long as I performed. There was a focus on development and promotion, but only up to a certain point. Once you hit your perceived performance high, you were on your own for career progression.

Cons

Cultures are totally inconsistent between departments so it is hard to succeed in a different environment. It is really hard to transfer between businesses or support functions - you get pigeonholed into a segment.

Be more transparent with the company strategy and communicate clearly to the employees. Don't use slogans or "campaigns" to try to get the plan across. Deal with employees as if you think they are capable of understanding, because they actually are highly capable.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser