Weyerhaeuser

Growth - up to a point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Pay was good compared to other companies in the area. Benefits were pretty good too. In most of my jobs here I was allowed a lot of autonomy and flexibility as long as I performed. There was a focus on development and promotion, but only up to a certain point. Once you hit your perceived performance high, you were on your own for career progression.

Cons

Cultures are totally inconsistent between departments so it is hard to succeed in a different environment. It is really hard to transfer between businesses or support functions - you get pigeonholed into a segment.

Be more transparent with the company strategy and communicate clearly to the employees. Don't use slogans or "campaigns" to try to get the plan across. Deal with employees as if you think they are capable of understanding, because they actually are highly capable.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Intriguing

Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA
    Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Gave me a fantastic experience to learn and grow as and engineering student. I would say that they are very understanding of how college affects work and the other way round

Cons

The lack of ability to move around with in the company as a co-op, I am unsure if this is true for all co-ops though

Make the co-op experience more well rounded by moving the students from mill to mil instead of keeping them stationary.

Provided a decent range of opportunities and experiences

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Large company with very deep roots in the integrated wood products industry. They are process driven and provide for good understanding in their development. Safety is of HUGE importance at Weyerhaeuser. You can count on a safe working environment.

Cons

Leadership structure is very hierarchical - a bit old school. If you are a person who is looking to work for a value added company, this really isn't the place as they are highly commodity oriented.
    Safety culture nearly consumes the purpose for the existence of the company - to make money.

Safety is important and needed but needs to be more balanced with creating greater customer value. Often, meetings are spent on safety issues rather than how the company can create a better customer experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser