Weyerhaeuser

www.weyerhaeuser.com

Growth - up to a point

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsPay was good compared to other companies in the area. Benefits were pretty good too. In most of my jobs here I was allowed a lot of autonomy and flexibility as long as I performed. There was a focus on development and promotion, but only up to a certain point. Once you hit your perceived performance high, you were on your own for career progression.

ConsCultures are totally inconsistent between departments so it is hard to succeed in a different environment. It is really hard to transfer between businesses or support functions - you get pigeonholed into a segment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with the company strategy and communicate clearly to the employees. Don't use slogans or "campaigns" to try to get the plan across. Deal with employees as if you think they are capable of understanding, because they actually are highly capable.

Provided a decent range of opportunities and experiences

Area Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros: Large company with very deep roots in the integrated wood products industry. They are process driven and provide for… Cons: Leadership structure is very hierarchical - a bit old school. If you are a person who is looking to work for a value added company,… Advice to Senior Management: Safety is important and needed but needs to be more balanced with creating greater customer value. Often,… More

A once great company destroyed by poor leadership.

Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) Federal Way, WA

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros: Great and loyal co-workers. South Puget Sound commute. Cons: Technology is treated as a necessary evil. Thus they have no clear direction for those that work in IT. Applications, infrastructure and vendors are swapped… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in IT. This does not mean getting an iPad for everyone on the 5th floor. Hire an outside CIO that has technology as a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Weyerhaeuser.

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!