There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Until I was laid off I had a very good experience.

Former Employee - National Account Specialist in Federal Way, WA
Former Employee - National Account Specialist in Federal Way, WA

Pros

The company was flexible on schedule. I could come and go as I pleased and take days off pretty much whenever. I liked the independence.

Cons

The company was not managed well and when the economy tanked there were so many people that lost their jobs. I think they could have handled it better had they been more fiscally responsible.

Advice to Management

Be sure to give people their independence. No one likes to be micromanaged and felt like they do not know their job well enough. If you want people to succeed then do a better job of training them

Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

1. Okay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA

Pros

We receive fair pay, relative to other companies. This company is socially responsible, as there's focus on our community and a healthy environment.

Cons

The near term outlook is relatively dim, considering our industry (wood products, housing) and the poor market associated with it.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better by remembering the added work placed on them during lean times. They're grateful to still have a job, but don't be so arrogant / take advantage of that.

Growth - up to a point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Pros

Pay was good compared to other companies in the area. Benefits were pretty good too. In most of my jobs here I was allowed a lot of autonomy and flexibility as long as I performed. There was a focus on development and promotion, but only up to a certain point. Once you hit your perceived performance high, you were on your own for career progression.

Cons

Cultures are totally inconsistent between departments so it is hard to succeed in a different environment. It is really hard to transfer between businesses or support functions - you get pigeonholed into a segment.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with the company strategy and communicate clearly to the employees. Don't use slogans or "campaigns" to try to get the plan across. Deal with employees as if you think they are capable of understanding, because they actually are highly capable.