There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Exciting jobs in a misguided company

Current Employee - Engineer III in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Engineer III in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Lots of fun and challenging things to work on with the possibility to work at many different locations throughout the country. Lots of people have worked here for many years and have valuable information that can be learned that may not be known anywhere else. With so many older workers the potential for younger employees should be great as a large number of the working population of Weyerhaeuser will be approaching retirement age soon. This will leave a large void that will need to be filled be younger employees.

Cons

Limited communication and direction from senior management as to the path of the company and how an employee can assist in moving the company down that path.

Make some decisions that will enhance the long term future of the company, not just boost the stock value so you and the major investors can make a quick return.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Great company, uncertain times

Current Employee - Clerical in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Weyerhaeuser has some of the best benefits in the industry.

Cons

Watching the company divest business units and employees during economic down times. We've been living with uncertainty for quite some time.

I hope the company's future includes growth once the financial picture clears up. No REIT! I think the partnership with Chevron holds great promise. The SMT has done a decent job of communicating potential changes to the employees wherever possible.

In 10 years I have seen a great workplace to become horrible. Never thought Weyerhaeuser would be one of those places.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

none anymore. It has been a great company, before they started their secret agenda of selling off the company. At least Senior Management is getting a deal out of it.

Cons

The company will pretty much disappear in the next couple of years. Next, iLevel will be sold, and at the end the company is going to be back to where it was 104 years ago, growing trees and that's it.

Quit looking out for yourself. You are highered to work for the company, that's what you get paid for, not to strike the deal for your own personal benefit.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser