Great company being too strongly influenced by investors

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Federal Way, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Great benefits package and competitive wages. If you are fortunate to have a great manager, you have a good chance of attaining a good work life balance.

Cons

The company runs very lean, so the amount of work employees are expected to complete is not realistic in a standard works schedule. On the flip side of my positive comment. If you don't have a manager that is understanding, your work life balance will really suffer. The company has not come out with a top down policy to make it equitable. The company is also making many decisions based on investor feedback.

Don't let the investors drive all the decisions.

Other Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Exciting jobs in a misguided company

Current Employee - Engineer III  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Lots of fun and challenging things to work on with the possibility to work at many different locations throughout the country. Lots of people have worked here for many years and have valuable information that can be learned that may not be known anywhere else. With so many older workers the potential for younger employees should be great as a large number of the working population of Weyerhaeuser will be approaching retirement age soon. This will leave a large void that will need to be filled be younger employees.

Cons

Limited communication and direction from senior management as to the path of the company and how an employee can assist in moving the company down that path.

Make some decisions that will enhance the long term future of the company, not just boost the stock value so you and the major investors can make a quick return.

Great company, uncertain times

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Weyerhaeuser has some of the best benefits in the industry.

Cons

Watching the company divest business units and employees during economic down times. We've been living with uncertainty for quite some time.

I hope the company's future includes growth once the financial picture clears up. No REIT! I think the partnership with Chevron holds great promise. The SMT has done a decent job of communicating potential changes to the employees wherever possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser.

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!