Weyerhaeuser

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Great employer

Former Employee - Technician III
Former Employee - Technician III

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Weyerhaeuser treated employees ethically and with respect. The small companies I worked for after leaving due to corporate downsizing were not at all comparable and the difference was palpable. Weyerhaeuser trained and empowered employees. We were given proper tools and training to do our jobs. We were kept informed and not treated like wayward children.

Cons

It was difficult to be promoted when budgets were crunched and managers withheld long promised promotions to stay under budget.

183 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Great Company and Growing!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has been around for over 100 years. It's a very diverse company and there are tons of opportunities for growth and development. Great work life balance, compensation, and culture.

Cons

There have been a lot of take aways in the last few years. Our healthcare is comparable to other companies where we use to really stand out ahead of others.

This place is horrible. It sucks the life out of you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There aren't many.
    Coworkers are nice.
    Decent location.

Cons

Management is not made up of effective leaders.
    You will never be promoted.
    Promotions are based on whether or not you will do whatever managment wants. Have to be a puppet.
    Underpaid for the work you do.
    Benefits have been cut.
    You don't have time to use your vacation.
    Management asks for input on ways to improve, then ignores suggestions choosing to go with their "better" plan.
    You're given constant praise until it comes time for annual reviews.
    To be successful, you need to say yes a lot: "Yes, I would love more work." "Yes, your idea is better than mine." "Yes, I already make too much money."
    Bottom line, they don't care about their employees. It's all about pleasing the shareholders.

You need a serious overhaul. Starting with a lot of high up managers. A manager needs to have a solid understanding of the business, but also have a great set of social skills. Communication is horrible, which leads to the rumor mill running on overdrive. You are losing highly effective employees because better opportunities are arising all over. Anyone who has been there less than 10 years is looking elsewhere. Others are just riding it out because they don' t want to look for a new job at this point in their life.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser