There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Good HR policies and practices

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Federal Way, WA
Current Employee - IT Consultant in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like the culture, people and short commute. Love my job supporting SAP. Believe in the mission and goals of the company and am very impressed with emphasis on safety for all workers, employees and contractors.

Cons

Not a technology company and does not adopt new technology trends as quickly. It is mainly detrimental to my type of career as I don't get to use the latest operating system (Windows XP on my desktop) or new apps as quickly as I'd like to. Leadership mentoring and career advancements are not plentiful.

There is tendency to be slow to adopt new ideas and trends. Inject more urgency in decision-making and not get mired in bureaucracy.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Operator  in  Pe Ell, WA
    Current Employee - Operator in Pe Ell, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits negotiated through collective bargaining with the union eases the worries about retirement and health care costs.

Cons

Weyerhaeuser was at one time a family owned and operated company and the employees were part of the family. Now that its a huge corporation it purely financially driven.

Step back, take a deep breath and think about what makes making money possible. Productive, happy, healthy employees!

Worst

Former Employee - Not Reporting  in  Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Not Reporting in Jackson, MS

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than a year

Pros

None not a single reason to have anything good

Cons

Poor conditions. Unsafe, bad managers, poor maintenance. Watch managers steal gas from the Company gas pumps and use in their personal autos. Managers take afternoons off to go golfing and claim meeting time. Use company credit cards and turn in as meeting expense. Yeah I am pretty sour on them but dang staling everywhere and the mistreat the employees trying to get the job done...its really wild. I am glad I am out that place, I was really shocked at all tha went on. No wonder they had a big downsize in 2011.

Take away some authority from managers. Stop the wild spending for "meetings"...stop the thefts.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!