Weyerhaeuser

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Good HR policies and practices

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Federal Way, WA
Current Employee - IT Consultant in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Like the culture, people and short commute. Love my job supporting SAP. Believe in the mission and goals of the company and am very impressed with emphasis on safety for all workers, employees and contractors.

Cons

Not a technology company and does not adopt new technology trends as quickly. It is mainly detrimental to my type of career as I don't get to use the latest operating system (Windows XP on my desktop) or new apps as quickly as I'd like to. Leadership mentoring and career advancements are not plentiful.

There is tendency to be slow to adopt new ideas and trends. Inject more urgency in decision-making and not get mired in bureaucracy.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Operator in Pe Ell, WA
    Current Employee - Operator in Pe Ell, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits negotiated through collective bargaining with the union eases the worries about retirement and health care costs.

Cons

Weyerhaeuser was at one time a family owned and operated company and the employees were part of the family. Now that its a huge corporation it purely financially driven.

Step back, take a deep breath and think about what makes making money possible. Productive, happy, healthy employees!

disappointed in management

Former Employee - Industrial Sales in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Industrial Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (more than an year)

Pros

opportunities galore with Weyerhaeuser Corporation...enjoyed the relationship building with co workers and customers. Still have relationships with both..... Value selling seminar was invaluable...

Cons

Political game playing caused uncomfortable daily interacting with management. Dis-liked having to walk softly around someone that had no clue about management skills.....

Be mentors !!!!!not bashing and detrimental to the progression of young enthusiastic employees..

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser