Weyerhaeuser

www.weyerhaeuser.com

More focused on stockholders earnings than on those taht sell and move product (employees)

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Federal Way, WA
Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Federal Way, WA

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

Expect you to support all their PC left leaning causes.
Focused on Stockholders NOT those that actually sell lumber, OSB or ELP.
SG&A cuts irregardless of 200+ million in profits.
Profits over people
Leadership clueless on leading employees. All Management are cheerleaders.

Retire

Other reviews for Weyerhaeuser

A mixed bag in Oregon

Current Employee - Millwright
    Current Employee - Millwright

Pros

A genuine and sincere focus on safety, which I laud, but..........Compensation is slightly above average, and health insurance is ok. Workload is reasonably to easy.

Cons

Very slow to react, with the exception to safety. If safety were a salable commodity we'd have the corner, block, and city on the market, but its not. Don't misunderstand, I have worked elsewhere, to others safety is a word given lip service, here it is the real thing. Some things, however, need to be dealt with common sense.

A lot of talent and experience is wasted because of ineptitude, ego, and territorialism by middle management. Meetings, and the voluminous amount of Emails don't help me do my job; a Manager and Planning Dept. that are there to support me would. Work Orders that tell me my housekeeping responsibilities, or the need to review upcoming jobs for parts etc waste your time and don't benefit me.

In general, a lot of missed opportunity.

You really need to buy into that people are your greatest asset!

Crappy management

Pros

Great job security, benefits good, very educational a company that you can look forward toward retiring

Cons

Terrible management. No bonus for sister mill, if you get hurt clearly company fault you will be fired, worst team members I've meet in my life. Management as well as team members always looking for your worst, never have anything positive to say about your performance regardless how much time and energy you give this company.

Treat team members like people. Do not micro manage every area of company. Reward females in your company without making them beg.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser.

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!