Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Lumber Sales  in  Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Lumber Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and salary packages. Training and defined goals facilitate success

Cons

Very large company with many layers.

Continue leading the industry in best products and services. Invest in people.

Other Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

They don't grow trees in Texas

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company used to be a great place to work. Very professional teams that wanted to do what's best for the company.

Cons

The new CEO has been making changes and decisions on how to model the business. The company centralized all support in 1999, and now they're going to a more distributed model which will cost more in the end.

Was good to work for; now seems more focused on stockholders

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have a great boss, which makes my job wonderful and overall the company is very concerned about employee safety. My boss is supportive when it comes to training and work/life balance. In past years, it's been great to work here--pay is good and I worked with an incredible group of very talented, smart and fun people.

Cons

The housing crash has made this company slash jobs--which was understandable for a while. But it's been going on now for nearly 7 years! Even though the economy is now improving and profits are up, they are still looking for ways to cut, cut cut---even when the cuts don't make sense. Recent changes are really impacting customers, which will definitely hurt the company in the long run. Both customers and employees are now taking a back seat to stockholders and the bottom line. I no longer trust that the leaders of this company. Their decisions seemed very short-sighted.

Don't treat your employees like numbers. Recognize the contributions that long-term, talented and knowledgeable employees give to this company. Stop being so short-sighted and realize that all this cutting and slashing will hurt your customer base--and your reputation--in the long run. You're also supplying your competitors with a lot of hard-working, talented employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser.

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!