Whataburger

Draconian, overbearing, brutal leadership

Former Employee - IT Manager in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - IT Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Whataburger

Pros

If you do not work in IT WB is probably a fair to moderate place to work. There where some nice rewards while the company was in Corpus Christi such as tickets to Whataburger field.

Cons

Long hours and high pressure, c-level leadership hired an autocratic despot for one of the director in IS/IT who made my life and others a living hell. Lots of turnover in IT leadership as it is apparently not a great place to work for them either.

This family owned business has authoritarian, brute force, style of leader that is great to the restaurant staff, but not to "overhead" administrative, IT. I don't think any form of advice would be accepted if given.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Whataburger (View Most Recent)

Its a fun work enviroment

Current Employee - Cook in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Cook in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Whataburger

Pros

Everyone gets along great, work is fast paced, great room for advancement, been here two months and already getting moved up, work your butt off and the managers will notice you! Overall great place to work. My store was rated number 1 in the city!

Cons

Rushes can get pretty hectic, you will be left to work alone at times meaning you WILL cook the meat prepare the bread, make the burger, wrap up the burger, plate/bag the burger and send it out. Your expected to do all that in 5 minutes or less.

So far things are really going good

Well they dont train they expect u to noe everything

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Whataburger

Pros

IT a good opportuniti iru like to deal w/ coustomers and employees. It only good if r passion is to work at restuartant

Cons

Well when I started working there i was not train by anyone I was very disappointed because i use to work at a different restuarnt and there were there to help me out with anything at whataburger i was just thrown there they wxpected me to know it all in one day

Well my advice to manager is that once they say something to an employee they should stick w it for example they told us not to have cell phone in our pockets or we were gona get fire the next thing u know plenty of employee r texing or using the phone they or on the clock its like they dont care what the managers say eployees walk all over the managers

There are newer employer reviews for Whataburger