Great company

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Whataburger part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours for students, raises upon each evaluation, promotions offered

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Expected to produce quality food in a short timeframe.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Quality of Life for Management Team and a home office that gives a crap would be nice.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Whataburger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The upper management as far as the District and Regional Managers are really good to work for and they seem to really listen.

Cons

No salary positions for a seasoned restaurant manager, no quality of life for the management team. The home office has a total disrespect for the people in the restaurant who are working hard everyday. They are difficult to deal with and don't seem to understand that it is the people working in the restaurants that make it possible for them to be working their Mon-Fri daytime hours job!

Advice to Management

Take all your desk sitters and put them to work in a busy restaurant for a year and I bet it makes some change the way they treat the team in your restaurants. The interaction I had with them is what made me start looking for a job. I was just simply not going to put up with the way I was treated by them when I have the resume that I have in the industry. I left what I was intending on being a long term career with your company. Try taking your management team to a 40 hour work week and pay them the same. They deserve it! They deserve time with their families just like your office help has. Do something different in the quick serve industry. Set an unprecedented example in this world and actually care about your Whataburger Family instead of just saying you do!

2. Good place to start out, easy work

I worked at Whataburger

Pros

They are flexible with hours and if you want it is easy to get as many hours as you want

Cons

sometimes you can be worked too hard