There are newer employer reviews for Whataburger

It's literally what-a-burger!

Current Employee - Team Member  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Whataburger part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule
you work for your hours
easy to move up a position
easy for the most part

Cons

some costumers are iffy
being sent home early
smellin like onions when you get home

don't forget about the little people, they need help too. Remember to train your team member the correct way.

149 Other Employee Reviews for Whataburger (View Most Recent)

There's quite a bit of work to be done.

Current Employee - Front Cashier  in  Stephenville, TX
    Current Employee - Front Cashier in Stephenville, TX

I have been working at Whataburger part-time for less than a year

Pros

you make lots of friends.
    there is always something that needs to be done, so you are never just standing around.
    the pay is nice; they start you above minimum wage.

Cons

high school employees are mostly just there for extra spending money, so they don't always do their work, and are often just standing around talking while things need to be getting done.
    being blamed for other people not doing their job is always frustrating (FS being blamed for burgers being cold, FC being blamed for chicken not being dropped, etc.)

find out who really wants to work, and give them the hours they ask for.

if an employee doesn't enjoy the station they're given, maybe stop putting them there. it helps to have motivated workers on fry station, front counter, and expedite, if not also drive thru.

scheduling enough people for each shift would be nice for many reasons:
    you'd get food out in a timely manner.
    employees wouldn't get as frustrated with the amount of work they have to do (giving us extra chores and no time to do them is unreasonable. no one can gypsy clean two bathrooms while also doing front counter and fry station).
    shifts should overlap enough that person A can get their chores done while person B takes over the station.

there keeps being a mention of lack of communication between grill and fry station, but no one actually seems to care. the employees on grill will stand back and yell for chicken/fish to be dropped, but they won't take 2 steps around the corner to see if anyone is even there to hear them, and then FS gets yelled at by management to pay attention and get stuff down, not be out in the lobby. yet it's FS's job to take food out to the customers, so they /have/ to go out to the lobby.
    Grill will stand back there and yell about not getting a response for 3 minutes while front counter is taking orders and FS is taking food out, making it hard to hear the customers, but then if FC/FS shouts back a response, we get yelled at for starting arguments. it's entirely unfair.

Management

Current Employee - Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Whataburger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything thing there are made to let our customers satisfied

Cons

Challenges the we face at this company is the schedule because we are 24/7 that's make it difficult to manage it with the Mangers . Also communication needs improvement .

There are newer employer reviews for Whataburger

Worked for Whataburger? Contribute to the Community!