There are newer employer reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Challenging place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

Large variety of work types, physicians, and opportunity to learn your trade.
More choices in types of transcription to do.

Cons

Supervisory management are a bit challenging to work for and inflexible in their management agenda.
Long way to get to the transcription area and difficult to find in the building.

To increase line counts among transcriptionists, divide up or assign certain facilities to their perspective area transcriptionists rather than having a perspective transcriptionist doing all facilities at once.

reviews filtered by

HR leadership does not recognize and promote the talent of its staff!

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

The review process (PEP) was mostly rewarding. I appreciated the link between my job duties, the department goals, and the company's objectives. The mission, vision, and values gave ethical direction on a daily basis. I used my role to gain as much HR knowledge as I could (even though the entry level positions are NOT created for such professional growth!!). My immediate supervisor was a decent sounding board.

Cons

HR management is unresponsive, aloof, and not interested in mentoring or promoting the entry level staff. This goes against everything that the company claims to stand for. Ethics are absent from the HR department. We are expected to bend over backwards to retain employees everywhere else and build one-sided relationships with company leaders, yet there is no concern for our wellbeing and professional goals within the department. I would not recommend my worst enemy work in the HR department. It is the most dysfunctional place I have ever worked! And management is pointing fingers at employees instead of looking at the culture that they have created and promoted- no decent feedback on performance, no respect for individuals, no trust... it is UGLY! The employee that fits in the most is the one who works part-time, who has no desire to move up, does not use critical thinking (because you will be punished for it), and is a total "yes man". If you have a brain, this is not the place to work. Go into the department knowing that you will have limited opportunities for advancement within the company.

Get your heads out of your butts and really pay attention to the problems. You know there is a connection between customer and employee satisfaction- cultivate a culture of trust and shared responsibility to increase the satisfaction. Be personally accountable for the problems in the department. Do not rely on the associate opinion survey for your only feedback. Care more about the people behind the numbers then the numbers themselves and the satisfaction and engagement scores will increase. Learn what empathy is and show it to everyone within the department, not just your senior and middle management peers!

2. i work well with my coworkers i wish i could be at the same place instead of a float

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Pros

the people i work with and the patients

Cons

it is our department management team

listen to your staff