Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

AMAZING COMPANY

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wheaton has a mission and lives up to that mission!
It is the main reason I joined and why I stay

Cons

You are going to work hard- that is a fact- this is not a con for me but might be a con for some~

53 Other Employee Reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Overworked, undervalued

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent insurance benefits
    Competent coworkers

Cons

The department was incredibly understaffed, and workloads were impossible. Every few months they would make up some nonsense about how we weren't efficient enough and lay off a few more people. You could either get in trouble for staying too late or not getting your work done; there's no way you could get everything done and still leave on time. Management was horrible and pathetic, not a single supervisor lasted more than a year. They had no idea how to coach, review, or lead their team. There was the expectation of flexibility, which they interpreted as doing other people's jobs that you're not trained, licensed, or remotely qualified for. Also, the facility is in a dicey neighborhood, my car was vandalized several times. As an employee holiday gift, the whole staff got horrible plastic windbreakers and coupons for the cafeteria.

Spend the time and money to hire an experienced manager who can bring out the best in their team. You have talented people who don't feel appreciated. Recognize that doubling your staff's caseload doesn't make them more efficient, it just burns them out faster. You're running your business into the ground, and continuing to lay off staff isn't going to solve anything.

Values-Based Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is a values-based organization, where collaboration and mutual respect are part of the prevailing culture.

Cons

Working for a non-profit organization has its downsides, such as salary expectations and limited access to additional FTEs for an ever-increasing workload.

There are newer employer reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare